Here’s my quick and easy Cheese and Broccoli Bake Recipe which will probably feed two people, or one chunky monkey like myself.
Update: After cooking this many times I’ve revised this recipe somewhat. Gone are the potatoes and the quantities are a little revised. It now easily caters for 2 hungry people and probably more like 3 with normal appetites!
- Approximately 200g of fresh broccoli
- 2 mushrooms
- 120g of butter
- 80g of plain flour
- 350ml of milk
- 4 eggs
- 300g of cheese
- Prepare and steam the broccoli.
- Melt the butter on medium heat in a saucepan large enough to fit all the broccoli in there later.
- Add the flour, mix well and keep stirring until bubbly.
- Gradually add the milk stir until well mixed.
- Bring to a boil and season with a bit of salt and pepper if you fancy. I never add salt when cooking but that’s just me.
- Turn off heat and get to work beating those eggs.
- Mix in the eggs.
- Now gradually add the cheese. I usually save some back to put on last for a nice cheese top layer.
- Finally combine it together with the broccoli and whatever other veg you decided to sneak in there and mix it up good and proper.
- Slop it in a casserole dish, adding the cheese you saved back on top if you want, and bung in the oven at 325°F/165°C/gas mark 3 for about 30 to 40 minutes.
Leave it to cool and dish it out. Sorted!