Cheese and Broccoli Bake Recipe
I know it’s lame to return to blogging with such a pathetic post, particularly as so much has happened since my last entry on here but be grateful faithful readers…or more likely spam bots!
Here’s my quick and easy Cheese and Broccoli Bake Recipe which will probably feed two people, or one chunky monkey like myself.
Update:After cooking this many times I’ve revised this recipe somewhat. Gone are the potatoes and the quantities are a little revised. It now easily caters for 2 hungry people and probably more like 3 with normal appetites!
- Approximately 200g of fresh broccoli
- 2 mushrooms
- 120g of butter
- 80g of plain flour
- 350ml of milk
- 4 eggs
- 300g of cheese
- Prepare and steam the broccoli.
- Melt the butter on medium heat in a saucepan large enough to fit all the broccoli in there later.
- Add the flour, mix well and keep stirring until bubbly.
- Gradually add the milk stir until well mixed.
- Bring to a boil and season with a bit of salt and pepper if you fancy. I never add salt when cooking but that’s just me.
- Turn off heat and get to work beating those eggs.
- Mix in the eggs.
- Now gradually add the cheese. I usually save some back to put on last for a nice cheese top layer.
- Finally combine it together with the broccoli and whatever other veg you decided to sneak in there and mix it up good and proper.
- Slop it in a casserole dish, adding the cheese you saved back on top if you want, and bung in the oven at 325°F/165°C/gas mark 3 for about 30 to 40 minutes.
Leave it to cool and dish it out. Sorted!